Monday, May 11, 2009

Chocolate and Zucchini by Clotilde Dusoulier

I originally discovered this book through it's namesake's website chocolateandzucchini.com. I absolutely adore everything about this book from it's cute glossy paperback size to the pretty end papers inside. It's chock full of colorful, mouthwatering pictures, and the recipes are to die for. I mean it. They run the range from familiar (olive tapenade) to weirdly innovative (zucchini crumble with figs and mozzarella. don't laugh. It is divine. I kid you not). Every recipe you make out of this book is liable to become a signature recipe. And yes, there is indeed a recipe for chocolate and zucchini cake. This doesn't strike me as all that strange seeing as how zucchini bread is typically sweet and delicious, and very similar to banana bread. So why not? 

The one recipe I loved the most has to be Hazelnut Thyme Matchsticks. Wow they were a lot of work...you make a dough, you knead it,  you divide it, chill it, roll it out and cut it into eensy weensie teeny weeny sticks, and then finally bake them. But holy cow are they ever worth it. Each one melts into a tiny, nutty, buttery, thymey explosion in your mouth. Mmm. Now I want some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment