Monday, December 21, 2009

Cooking Light Superfast Suppers

I love love love this cookbook! I don't even know where it came from...it seems to have just appeared on my shelves one day, but it is fantastic. The title certainly doesn't lie as all the recipes are very healthy, and very fast to make. They also happen to be delicious which is a rare thing when combined with the words healthy and fast.

I made the White Bean Chicken Chili. It's beany and cheesy and chicken-y and was a huge hit with my husband. My absolute favorite recipe here is Barley-Black Bean Burritos. It's a crockpot recipe and is chock full of protein, fiber and flavor. I could seriously eat this every day for a month. It's that delicious.

One of my favorite things about this book is that it includes a menu plan of sorts for each of the main dish recipes. This is usually either a short recipe for a side dish or for a dessert. Many of the recipes also include several variations or additions so that you can mix things up avoid boredom. I will absolutely be keeping this book and cannot wait to put it to better use.

No comments:

Post a Comment