Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Vegetarian Bistro - Marlena Spieler


This is seriously one of the most fantastic books I own. Upon paper, each recipe is wonderfully mouthwatering, and unlike a lot of other cookbooks, the final product not only does not disappoint, it's even better than the recipe sounds. I've actually had ten recipes from this book. Mainly because after I made the first five, my mother loved them so much that she went out and bought herself a copy of this and started cooking from it. Every recipe in here is divine. It's also a great cross-over book for folks that aren't vegetarian, because the food is so good you'll never miss the meat. Some of the recipes are a bit elaborate, and either involve several steps or making multiple recipes for sauces and such, but it's all very accessible, and nothing is really all that difficult to tackle, per se. I could happily eat out of this book every day for the rest of my life. Seriously. If you like cooking, and you like French food, do yourself a favor and pick up this book. You won't regret it. 

Here is a brief list of some of the things I've made from this book:
Wild Mushroom Pasta Gratin
Gratin of Macaroni, Red Wine Sauce, and Cheese 
Pistachio Tart with Almond Citrus Crust
Pureed Artichoke Soup with Garlic
Onion Tart with Arugula Salad

Now,  can you honestly tell me your mouth is not watering?

No comments:

Post a Comment