Monday, December 29, 2008

The Complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbook

I adore this book. Everything I've made out of it is delicious, and it's one of those books you just know you can rely on the recipes...they always turn out perfect even if you mess them up! Jack Bishop must be a genius if he can write a recipe that still works even if ingredients are missing, due to cook error. I must make a note to grab whatever else he's written. 

I'm debating making this blog public. I really can't decide, but am starting to figure there's not really much of a reason to keep it private if I'm not including a ton of personal information in it. I guess the only thing really stopping me at this point is if I wanted to somehow make a book out of it at the end, then I'd probably want to make sure all of this information was kept a little more proprietary, you know? 

This all brings me to another point. If I do decide to take it public, I really need to work on the organization factor. Rather than keeping a done list going on here, I've decided to just make an alphabetical one in an Excel file. That way I can reserve this for reviews and such, and don't have to worry about making a master list also somehow fit in. 

I do have a small fear about the project, though, that I don't think I've yet mentioned. I'm starting to have a bit of trepidation that if I start cooking and eating and exploring all this fabulous food, that I'm going to become a very picky eater and not settle for just ok food anymore. That's fine and all, and I suppose part of the whole point of things...to develop my palate...but you know, things can start to get pretty expensive when you won't put up with eating crap. Or even eating mediocrity. So we'll see. 

But back to The Complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbook. This book has the single best recipe for butternut squash soup that I've ever eaten. It's freaking fantastic, and very easy, and the purchase price of the book is worth it for this recipe alone. Seriously, even if you're not a Vegetarian, if you even remotely like Italian food or cooking, you should probably buy this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment